Carpet are a great way keeping your feet warn during the cooler months. Plus these can transform a room into a real luxurious get way. Carpets come in a variety of style and designs. However, it’s important that the carpets should be cleaned and maintained on a regular basis. However, people with pets and children know that carpets go through a great deal of wear and tear.
The following are a few simple hack from the experts in Bundaberg, which can keep your carpet looking as good as new:
- Sometimes despite using a vacuum cleaner on a regular basis, you may have noticed that there is still some debris stuck to the carpet. In these instances a lint roller can come to the rescue. It hardly takes more than five minutes.
- Pet hair is a nightmare to get rid of. No amount of vacuuming allows you to collect all of it. A squeegee can come in handy for this. While it’s essentially used to clean windows, its function is to collect all the gunk from the surface.
- Sometimes a stain on the carpet is stubboron. No amount of carpet cleaning can help you get rid of it. However there is a tried and tested technique which can actually help lift the stain. The first step in the process is vacuuming the stained area to lift of any residue. Next take a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water. Put this mixture on the stain and let it be for five to ten minutes. Then place a towel on the stained area and apply heat from an iron to it. You will notice the stain being lifted onto the towel.
- The next time you see a stain don’t rush around and try to rub it off. Sometimes the easiest way to get rid of the stain is to try and blot it out. Instead of rubbing the area make sure you apply gentle pressure. The chemical would help lift the stain without making it spread any further. Rubbing the stain makes it more deeply ingrained into the fibers and thus makes it difficult to get rid of it.
- You can even make your own carpet cleaner at home. The organic cleaner is easy on the environment and on your carpet as well. All you need is three fourth cups of hydrogen per oxide, and two tablespoons of dish soap and one fourth cups of vinegar. You can add a few drop of essential oil for a fresh odor. Anytime you see the stain, make sure to treat it with this mixture.
- In order to make sure that your carpet smells fresh all the time, you can make use of baking soda. It’s normal for the carpet to get a musty odor especially if it has been left too long. Mix a few drops of lavender essential oil with baking soda and sprinkle it on to the carpet. The result would be a fresh fluffy clean scented carpet.