An arborist I a professional who can help care for trees. They have a special licensed issued by the state and have completed some form of training or degree in horticulture. They can help maintain, care, select and remove the tree. They can diagnose and treat trees which are suffering from disease, insect infestation or mould. They make suggestions regarding the use of watering and fertilisers. They can easily prune the tallest trees and remove unwanted branches and shape the trees to make these look more attractive.
Why is it so important to care for trees?
Trees are an essential part of the environment. They provide a multitude of benefits which include
- Trees remove harmful gases and produce oxygen. Trees also provide shade and in fact can also be a great source of privacy for home owners. Trees prevent prying eyes from intruding.
- Keep the soil from eroding.
- Reduce the carbon footprint
- Also there is research which proves that a well landscaped homes with healthy trees can help increase a home’s value by at least ten percent.
This is why it’s so important to hire a licensed arborist. They can care for a tress in a way to ensure that it lives longer and is less prone to decay and disease.
However, over a period of time, trees could become diseased or develop rot. If that happens. An arborist is someone who could help rectify the problem before the damage is more permanent.
Finding the right arborist
- You can find an arborist by asking people in your area who might have hired the services of a professional landscaper.
- You can even check for arborist in the yellow pages you would find then under the tree listings
- The internet is also a great place to start looking for local arborist in your area.
- When hiring an arborist you need to make sure that they are licensed to carry out the work. Only licensed arborist is allowed to prune, cable and fertilise trees.
- Get to know whether they have an affiliation with any professional arborist organisation. The membership to any of these organisation is an indication of the person’s dedication to the art.
- It is also advisable that after the initial visit from the arborist you need to ask for an estimate.
- You can ask about the description of the work which is supposed to be performed.
- If the pesticides are to be used, it would be helpful to get a list of ingredients in each of those to rule out pesticides to which you or your pet might be allergic.
Tree care has come a long way over the past few decades. The recent development in scientific and botanical methods as helped arborists care for tress in a much better way. Plus they can also plants strains of plants which re stronger and less prone to disease.