A timber post and rail fence is one of the simplest and easiest fence to build. It adds a rustic appeal to your property. It’s a great way of defining the boundaries of your home. Prevents trespassers from entering without permission and also helps to keep the cattle inside the boundaries. When you get a timber post and rail fence constructed you get many benefits from just once construction. Also it’s a great home improvement which won’t cost you an arm or a leg.
However there are certain things which you should keep in mind before having a fence built on your property. These include:
- Make sure you discuss with your neighbours that you plan to build a fence around your property. Let them know till where you want to t up a boundary. If they are ok with it, you can go ahead with the project. What’s more they might decide to get fence built along with you. It’s one way of splitting the costs and saving up on some cash.
- Don’t forget to take a look at the easements in your home deed. The easement compromises of the right of way which has been granted to another home owner and which actually limits the design and location of the fence which you might build.
- Also check out the local zoning law and neighbourhood rules and regulations which might limit the size and dimension of your fence to some extent
- Make sure you get the permit for building a fence from the local neighbourhood building association.
Keeping all the above mentioned things in mind is necessary if you want an amiable reaction from the local neighbourhood body when you are building something new on your property.
The benefits of building a timber post and rail fence
- A timber fence has a natural look which adds an aesthetic appeal to your property.
- If you are looking for a natural setting to complement your home, timber should be your first choice because it’s natural. Whereas a steel fence can be a real eye sore and take away some of the beauty from the surroundings.
- A timber fence can be pretty useful, it won’t take away the beauty from your surroundings and fulfil its purpose as well of defining the boundaries of your home.
- A timber fence is also cost effective, it won’t cost you a great deal. Plus there are loads of designs and options which you can choose from.
- Also a timber and rail fence is easy to install. It can be set up in the shortest time and requires very little labor. In fact most people consider it a do it yourself project and are able to build the fence on their own by just purchasing the timber post and rails.
- It’s also easy to repair and maintain. A timber post and rail fence is installed piece by piece so if there is a problem with any one side of the fencing it can easily be repaired or replaced and there are going to be no extra costs involved.